专辑语种:英语
唱片公司:Apple Records
发行时间:1975年02月17日
专辑类别:录音室专辑
专辑风格:摇滚 Rock & Roll
John <wbr>Lennon《Rock <wbr>'n' <wbr>Roll》SACD[ISO/百度]

1_副本.jpg

专辑介绍:

John Lennon1975年专辑《Rock N Roll》的再灌录版本,并收录了原版中未出现的四首Bonus Track。这是一张紧凑而且充满精力的唱片,列侬把它献给他心中的摇滚英雄们:Chuck Berry, Gene Vincent, Fats Domino, Little Richard, Ben E. King, Larry Williams 和 Buddy Holly。里面收录了许多他最好的作品,比如Slippin' And Slidin'、Peggy Sue、Stand By Me,歌迷及评论家都给予了这张专辑好评,而且在大洋两岸都登上了第6名。随后他们的儿子Sean出世了,Lennon也成为了一名家庭主夫,他们琐碎的商业工作则由Yoko来照管。

by Dave Thompson
Although the chaotic sessions that spawned this album have passed into rock & roll legend and the recording's very genesis (as an out-of-court settlement between John Lennon and an aggrieved publisher) has often caused it to be slighted by many of the singer's biographers, Rock 'n' Roll, in fact, stands as a peak in his post-
Imagine
catalog:an album that catches him with nothing to prove and no need to try. Lennon could, after all, sing old rock & roll numbers with his mouth closed; he spent his entire career relaxing with off-the-cuff blasts through the music with which he grew up, and Rock 'n' Roll emerges the sound of him doing precisely that. Four songs survive from the fractious sessions with producer
Phil Spector
in late 1973 that ignited the album, and listeners to any of the posthumous compilations that also draw from those archives will know that the best tracks were left on the shelf -- "Be My Baby" and "Angel Baby" among them. But a gorgeous run through
Lloyd Price
's "Just Because" wraps up the album in fine style, while a trip through "You Can't Catch Me" contrarily captures a playful side that Lennon rarely revealed on vinyl. The remainder of the album was cut a year later with Lennon alone at the helm, and the mood remains buoyant. It might not, on first glance, seem essential to hear him running through nuggets like "Be Bop A Lula," "Peggy Sue," and "Bring It on Home to Me," but, again, Lennon has seldom sounded so gleeful as he does on these numbers, while the absence of the
Spector
trademark Wall-of-Sound production is scarcely noticeable -- as the object of one of Lennon's own productions,
David Peel
once pointed out, "John had the Wall of Sound down perfectly himself." Released in an age when both
David Bowie
and
Bryan Ferry
had already tracked back to musical times-gone-by (
Pin-Ups
and
These Foolish Things
, respectively), Rock 'n' Roll received short shrift from contemporary critics. As time passed, however, it has grown in stature, whereas those other albums have merely held their own. Today, Rock 'n' Roll sounds fresher than the rock & roll that inspired it in the first place. Imagine that.

专辑曲目:

1. Be-Bop-A-Lula
2. Stand By Me
3. Medley:Rip It Up/Ready Teddy
4. You Can’t Catch Me
5. Ain’t That A Shame
6. Do You Wanna Dance
7. Sweet Little Sixteen
8. Slippin’ And Slidin’
9. Peggy Sue
10. Medley:Bring It On Home To Me/Send Me Some Lovin’
11. Bony Moronie
12. Ya Ya
13. Just Because
链接:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnBDvTd    密码:yjad

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 中文注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

手机版|Archiver| yxts  

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 13:04 , Processed in 0.177533 second(s), 25 queries .